Thursday, July 18, 2024

From the Cocoon 05 - Consortium

Well, we have a pretty good idea of why Malenia was so pissed off at radahn now.

Spoilers, go away....



One God, one consort. Sorry, sis.

I'm glad they didn't paint radahn as just another arrogant bully. More than strength, more than gravity, radahn found the strength of a lord through his kindness.

I'm glad they didn't paint malenia as just a dutiful sister trying to take care of her younger brother. On reflection, now, it could be that she was keeping miquella safe as a Watcher, rather than Defender. She either didn't want him to ascend or didn't want him to ascend without her.

If anyone in the world was immune to miquella's cupid powers it would be her, so im still operati g under the notion that everything malenia has done has been of her own volition in that regard.

I really want to talk about the hornsent, but I also think that's an incredibly deep topic I've only scratched the surface of.

The omen, in the base game, have a proficiency with shadow magic that I don't think any other factions share until we start running into hornsent, who I would wager are just omen, and any differences can be put down to the same kind of environmental changes we find between ds1 slave and ds2 warrior giants.

Miquella needed this shadow magic to travel to the shadowlands, hence Mogh getting involved. And then he needed radahns gravity magic because, like, astrology is real here, its the best power to have, probably, after mind control.

Mogh's aim is to resurrect the dynasty, the prehistoric "Elden John" culture that seems to have been better preserved in places like belurat than anywhere in the base game.

Marika seems to have engaged in a bit of a genocide wrt to hornsent via messmer. It seems pretty apparent that messmer was the one to initially burn the erdtree by using melina as kindling. I don't know when this happened. If they burned it before Marika shattered the Ring how did Marika get inside to shatter it? If they burned it after she entered the tree who orchestrated the fire?

It could be that what messmer and melina burned was the Greatree, and thereby created the crucible. This would imply that the erdtree always had thorns, as it was born from the same sin, which was an aspect of the crucible. 

I'm glad we got such winged serpent/world devourer stuff. I knew rykard couldn't possibly have been that important. 

I still haven't found any connections to godskinners or the GEQueen. At least nothing obvious like miquella repeatedly saying "Radahn Redmane I choose you!"  Loooot of Ghostflame and duskborn stuff I haven't really looked at yet.

I know theres probably a dozen videos answering this but how tf do you pronounce Rauh. In my mind the name is pronounced by roaring like a lion but I'd like to be able to talk about it without sounding crazy. Like "now cow how rauh?" Or like "nah boo ra-uh"?

As a personal...thing...on my very first playthrough of Demons Souls way back in the day I played a shield turtle with like a moonlight infused spear even though i was a strength build because i didnt know how anything worked. 

Slow and safe, one inch, one millimeter at a time. Finished radahn the same way, with a blood infused spear even though i had respecced into strength for the stupid shield and a competent co-op rando.

Thank you, Patches.

No comments: